Bird Cleaning Teeth. Clean Machine Steam. Simple And Clean Kingdom.
Bird Cleaning Teeth
- Remove the innards of (fish or poultry) prior to cooking
- make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from; "Clean the stove!"; "The dentist cleaned my teeth"
- Make (something or someone) free of dirt, marks, or mess, esp. by washing, wiping, or brushing
- (clean) free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits; "children with clean shining faces"; "clean white shirts"; "clean dishes"; "a spotlessly clean house"; "cats are clean animals"
- (tooth) hard bonelike structures in the jaws of vertebrates; used for biting and chewing or for attack and defense
- (tooth) something resembling the tooth of an animal
- Each of a set of hard, bony enamel-coated structures in the jaws of most vertebrates, used for biting and chewing
- An appetite or liking for a particular thing
- A similar hard, pointed structure in invertebrate animals, typically functioning in the mechanical breakdown of food
- dentition: the kind and number and arrangement of teeth (collectively) in a person or animal
- watch and study birds in their natural habitat
- A warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrate distinguished by the possession of feathers, wings, and a beak and (typically) by being able to fly
- A clay pigeon
- An animal of this type that is hunted for sport or used for food
- warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings
- the flesh of a bird or fowl (wild or domestic) used as food
Canadian Canada Goose
I couldn't leave Canadian waters without posting at least one photo of a Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) in Canada.
That makes it a bona fide Canadian Goose or, if one wishes to be pedantic, a Canadian Canada Goose.
I admire Canadian Geese for their astonishing ability to fly long distances in formation, thus providing one of my favorite signs of the changing seasons; the lifelong attachments they form with their mates; their plumage; their lively beady eyes and their fuzzy little goslings. Oh, and spending hours floating in water that would send me into hypothermia within minutes.
Would I want to be a Canadian Goose? No way. I can't imagine how a bird species as irritable and territorial - and vocal - as the Canada Goose ever came to organize itself in flocks. If I were a Canada Goose, I'd be on tranquilizers or out on my own before the end of my first week in the flock, guaranteed.
However, to each his or her own, so I'd never intentionally hunt or hurt a goose, or suggest that the Canada Goose is any less worthy of care or respect than any of the other species with which we share this marvelous planet. And, to be perfectly honest, I'd hate to hear what Canada Geese have to say about Homo Sapiens. Whatever their complaints, they're probably entirely justified. I just prefer more peaceable birds, birds with pretty little songs.
To the scholarly literature on Branta canadensis, I can add that this species will eat "Greenies," the specially-formulated fish-flavoured treats I feed my cat daily to help keep her teeth clean. And no, I don't feed geese, ducks or any other itinerant waterfowl baked goods such as bread.
Update and Partial Apology: We spent our first night back in the US at a marina in Bellingham, Washington. Time didn't allow for a population count, but conservatively I'd say there are easily a gazillion seagulls within a one-mile radius of where I'm sitting in Salvation II's pilot house.
While I still stand by what I said about Canada Geese being rather noisy, they're practically mute in comparison with the Bellingham seagulls. So I apologize if I seemed overly critical of Branta canadensis' vocal habits..
Whereas Canada Geese find a nice, out-of-the-way spot to bed down for the night, the gulls are screeching, screaming, cawing, barking, coughing, and chortling all night long. Apparently, seagulls are trashy parents who don't know anything about teaching their offspring to use their indoor voices when gathered in large numbers near people.
And really, what are you going to do? Call the police? Even if you brought in a squadron of raptors to restore order, the gulls would probably harass them into a full-scale retreat within minutes. Luckily, we're docked far enough from the seagulls' principal territory that it didn't keep me awake. But if the gulls are this noisy all the time, I bet it cuts down on the number of liveaboards at this marina.
Union Steamship Company Marina, Bowen Island, British Columbia, Canada.
Just a few of the things I am grateful for today...
My wonderful parents and friends, including my Flickr friends (you know who you are!)
My general good fortune
Buttered toast (or simply: butter)
Our new President, Barack Obama, and the turning of the tide –if not the sea change—his administration promises…
Smart, analytical foreign films
Rich foods and fried things
Moody gray days
The papery smell of books, both old and new
Curling up with a good book
Curling up with a lover
The precious gifts of sight, along with the bounty received from all of our senses
A dark movie theater, a bucket of buttered popcorn, and someone to share it with
The ever-changing sky, and accompanying dance of the clouds
The rhythmic sound of the ocean
My [relative] good health, good looks, and sound mind
The rustle of the breeze in the trees
The unconditional love of pets…when we treat them with the loving care they deserve
The deep, rich colors of a wet forest
The rich, pungent fragrance of damp earth
The warm, homey smell of anything baking
A bowl of hot soup on a chilly day
The snug fit of a good pair of jeans
Soft leather boots
Fresh greens and lettuce
The kindness of strangers
The far-off lonely feel of the open road…or the vast horizon
Clean, high-quality sheets
Clean, clear water
The unmistakable smells of brewing coffee and frying bacon
The roof over my head
Music…music to my ears
The sweet little clucking sound of chickens in the yard
The feeling of a sea anemone closing itself around my finger, and harpooning me with its many microscopic, spring-loaded harpoons
Robust, like-you-mean-it hugs
The subtle (or not-so-subtle) thrill of discovery
Savory meals shared with loved ones
…and so much more…
pistol cleaning supplies
silver cleaning aluminum foil
maid cleaning house
sunshine cleaning rating
red brick cleaning
clean house hosts
rugs dry cleaning
clean house show style network
clean tile grouting